Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Author Neal Barrett Jr Honored

Neal Barrett, Jr., will be honored as Author Emeritus by the Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America during its 2010 Nebula Awards Weekend in May.
Barrett has published more than 50 novels and 70 shorter works His books include The Hereafter Gang, Through Darkest America, Dawn's Uncertain Light and Prince of Christler-Coke as well as the short story collections Perpetuity Blues, Slightly Off Center and A Different Vintage.
Barrett has observed: "Like many professional writers, I've written westerns, mystery-suspense, horror, noir, air war stories, the Hardy Boys, Tom Swift, novelizations such as Judge Dredd, Barb Wire and Dungeons & Dragons. One of my all-time favorite jobs is writing comic books--I think I've turned out over a thousand pages by now. That's what writers do, you know--they often do what needs to be done. And I've found that a real pro puts everything he or she has into whatever project comes along. You name it. I can't tell you how many names besides mine are out there over the work I've done for a series or special projects."

No comments: